TTY INTERFACE 1.51b :
Program Overview :
TTY INTERFACE is designed for submarine radio rooms to receive various Teletype broadcasts (i.e. SSIXS/BGIXS, OTCIXS, TADIXS-A, VERDIN, VALLOR and ELF) and translate them for storage on an IBM-PC or compatible computer. Fulfills many DMS requirements. A high-speed algorithm performs ITA-2 (Baudot) to ITA-5 (ASCII) conversion. This duplicates the effort of the Submarine Message Buffer (SMB) which is currently (and very slowly) being implemented in the fleet. Other uses include the ability to translate messages received via E-Mail and send them to message storage and retrieval programs such as MDU, MDS, and MTV. TTY INTERFACE is a SHAREWARE program.
System Requirements :
- IBM-PC or Compatible Computer.
- MS-DOS or IBM PC-DOS versions 3.21 or higher
- At least one open serial communications port. (COM1 through COM4)
- Printer recommended but not required.
Features in version 1.51 (03MAR1998):
- Fixed problem that caused "ERROR 7 in LINE 0", TTYPATH environmental variable often caused this error in NEW installations.
- Implemented Fix in Julian Date routine that affects leap years. (Would have affected Year-2000)
- Work on TTY EMULATOR problem, LTRS/FIGS reversed on XMIT side.
- Continued work on 'SSIXS TIME' bug...
- Program is Year-2000 aware (sort of...)
- Added TTY TOR Stamping.
- Many Improvements To the Message VIEWER.
- Routing Stamps may be printed on message (Bottom of First or Last Page).
- Printouts may be Single, Double, or Triple Spaced.
- Message DELETE's require confirmation.
- Fixed Error in .INI settings for DIALER/TDD DIALER
- Improved compatibility with new SSIXS software release... (SSIXS TIME ####)
- TTY EMULATOR checks for existance of required directories before starting.
- USER DEFINED message status line removal implemented? (Settings ONLY in .INI file)
- Minor cosmetic changes to message printouts.
Program Details :
- Requires no new hardware installations, all hardware should already be onboard. A simple wiring modification (The "FRED-ALT") allows full receive capabilities.
- Removes ON-143[V]6 status lines from messages.
- Removes CC:MAIL message headers.
- Can display status of any two teletype circuits (i.e. ON-143's) on a computer monitor, eliminating paper waste.
- Allows reception of two teletype circuits simultaneously.
- Can transmit messages to AN/UGC-136 Teletypes.
- TTY EMULATOR allows your computer to emulate an additional teletype (AN/UGC-136 compatible).
- Can utilize COM1 though COM4 at speeds from 50 to 115,200 bps.
- Maintains a log of all messages received, allowing searches by Date/Time Group.
- Originally designed and tested onboard USS Helena (SSN-725).
- Aids in the implementation of the US Navy DMS system.